Donald Trump has a jam packed first day agenda and it will undo everything Obama has destroyed in his presidency. The action we have already seen Trump take in his days before inauguration leaves me hopeful that he will be on top of knocking out his agenda to make America great again!
From Fox News:
He repeatedly promised to “eliminate every unconstitutional executive order” — referring specifically to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA), which granted legal status to illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children, or who have children who are citizens or legal residents.
Trump’s website says he will “ask Congress to immediately deliver a full repeal of ObamaCare” on Day One.
Regulation and Trade
In a September speech in Greenville, S.C., Trump said he intends to “direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations” on his first day.
Trump says he will convene a Day One meeting of his generals and instruct them to submit a plan for defeating ISIS within 30 days.
- As part of his plan to “drain the swamp,” he laid out a first day plan in Gettysburg, Pa., in October in which he said he wants to:
- Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress
- Place a hiring freeze on all federal employees (this would exempt the military, public health and public safety)
- Impose a five-year ban on executive officials becoming lobbyists after they leave the government
- Impose a lifetime ban on executive officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government
- Ban foreign lobbyists from raising money for American elections