2-year-old swallows popcorn kernel. 6 months later, doctors are forced to pull life support Emmanuel April 9, 2017 Viral You Might Like A two-year-old little girl was eating popcorn and the unimaginable happened, here’s what you need to know. The leading cause of death in children under 3 is choking. The most dangerous of foods they can choke on are hot dogs, popcorn and grapes. No parent wants to go through that panicked moment of seeing your baby choking and turning blue. This is why hot dogs and grapes should be cut into small pieces and popcorn shouldn’t be introduced until they are older. This beautiful 2-year-old girl, Miranda passed away because of an incident where she choked on a popcorn kernel. On the mother’s birthday of all days, the parents were sitting in their living room when the little girl came running in panicked because she couldn’t breathe… She was choking. The kernel was so far down her throat that the parents couldn’t get it out. This is every parent’s nightmare! The father started CPR on her and they called 911 but their precious daughters heart stopped beating. The rescue team was eventually able to resuscitate the little girl but her heart had stopped for far too long. They told the parents that she had irreparable brain damage and they put her on life support. Miranda’s health deteriorated and her kidneys started to fail. It was time to take her off of life support. They lost their beautiful little girl but they want to make a difference in her memory. The family is wanting to bring awareness to the dangers of choking in order to save another family from having to go through this same tragedy. From Shareably: Before we end this article, we would like to leave you with a few tips on how you can prevent your child from choking. Don’t offer high risk foods: big chunks of meat, hard candies, grapes, popcorn, and cheese. Supervise the child when they’re eating. This might seem like common sense, but do not let them walk or run while eating. Cut their foods up into small pieces or mash them into a paste. Carefully evaluate all of their toys and determine which ones may be hazardous. Take a class on cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and choking first aid for children. We hope you found this article informative and education. Our deepest condolences go out to Mirranda and her family. Please share this story for others to see. Thank you. Leave a Reply Cancel ReplyYour email address will not be published.CommentName* Email* Website Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.